Tuesday, September 05, 2006
CALL FOR PAPERS: Gender and Food Security (UNU-WIDER)
The World Institute for Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER) is organizing a workshop on "Gender and Food Security" in Kolkata, India, on December 12-13, 2006. We would like to invite papers on the following broad themes:
(1) The relation between the socio-economic status of women in a particular society and intra-household food security in that society.
(2) The relation between women's status and child health.
(3) Existence of gender discrimination in labor markets and its impact on household poverty.
(4) Property rights of women and the implication for poverty.
(5) Land rights of women and the implication for agricultural productivity and food security.
(6) Education of women and nutrition standards.
(7) Women's access to micro-credit and public works program and the impact on poverty.
Please submit an abstract and author CV(s) by October 15, 2006 to mailto:Basudeb@wider.unu.edu. Complete drafts will be due on November 15, 2006.
UNU-WIDER will consider providing funding for travel and accommodation on request.
Links to this post: