Friday, January 19, 2007
EMPLOYMENT: Director, Program on Markets for Ecoagriculture Products and Services (Ecoagriculture Partners)
Ecoagriculture Partners (www.ecoagriculturepartners.org) is a small, rapidly-growing international non-profit organization working to facilitate landscape management approaches that simultaneously enhance agricultural production, support rural livelihoods and conserve ecosystem services. EP seeks a 3/4 to full-time Director for our new program on Markets for Ecoagriculture Products and Services, to join our committed team by July 1, 2007 or earliest available. The Director of the Markets Program will:
- Build and lead EP’s program on Markets (both products and ecosystem services),
- Support market analysis and development in selected ecoagriculture landscapes, initially in Mesoamerica and East Africa;
- Promote exchange of market models and innovations among ecoagriculture innovators;
- Engage in international dialogues on ecoagriculture-related market issues;
- Support adaptation of product and ecosystem service market assessment methods to achieve joint income and conservation goals in ecoagriculture landscapes;
- Develop and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with key partners in private, public and community sectors.
- At least five years of relevant experience supporting market development and analysis, particularly in developing countries;
- Experience working with the private sector and with farmer or community conservation organizations;
- Demonstrated commitment to, and achievements in, promoting market initiatives that achieve both conservation and agricultural livelihood benefits;
- Masters’ degree in relevant field;
- Strong skills in team-building and participatory processes;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Market-related experience in Latin America or Africa;
- Fluency in reading and speaking Spanish;
- Experience and competence in working in diverse, cross-cultural teams;
- expertise in analysis of markets.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary, depending upon experience;
- Health and retirement benefits, life and disability insurance, 20 days vacation, holidays, re-location support
- Initial 3-year position, renewable
- Location of posting negotiable.
Please send your C.V., a cover letter indicating your background and experience, and names and contact information for three references in an email with subject line ‘Director, Markets Program’ by January 31, 2007 to Seth Shames, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to this post: