Friday, September 14, 2007
SPECIAL JOURNAL ISSUE: Property Rights, Collective Action, and Local Conservation of Genetic Resources (World Development)
World Development just published its September 2007 issue, which is a special issue with papers from a CAPRi Workshop.
World Development, Volume 35, Issue 9, Pages 1481-1594 (September 2007) is a special issue on "Property Rights, Collective Action, and Local Conservation of Genetic Resources" edited by Pablo Eyzaguirre, Monica Di Gregorio and Ruth Meinzen-Dick. The special issue contains the following articles. Earlier versions of all of the papers except the introduction are available as CAPRi working papers on the CAPRi website.
- Introduction to the Special Issue on “Property Rights, Collective Action, and Local Conservation of Genetic Resources”, by Pablo Eyzaguirre, Monica Di Gregorio and Ruth Meinzen-Dick
- The Impacts of Collective Action and Property Rights on Plant Genetic Resources, by Pablo B. Eyzaguirre and Evan M. Dennis
- Farmers’ Rights and Protection of Traditional Agricultural Knowledge, Stephen B. Brush
- Protecting Farmers’ New Varieties: New Approaches to Rights on Collective Innovations in Plant Genetic Resources, by Rene Salazar, Niels P. Louwaars and Bert Visser
- Property Rights and the Management of Animal Genetic Resources, by Simon Anderson and Roberta Centonze
- Are there Customary Rights to Plants? An Inquiry among the Baganda (Uganda), with Special Attention to Gender, by Patricia L. Howard and Gorettie Nabanoga
- Local Institutions and Plant Genetic Conservation: Exchange of Plant Genetic Resources in Rural Uzbekistan and some Theoretical Implications, by Evan Dennis, Jarilkasin Ilyasov, Eric van Dusen, Sergey Treshkin, Marina Lee and Pablo Eyzaguirre
- The Dynamics of Farmers’ Maize Seed Supply Practices in the Central Valleys of Oaxaca, Mexico, by Lone B. Badstue, Mauricio R. Bellon, Julien Berthaud, Alejandro Ramírez, Dagoberto Flores and Xóchitl Juárez
Those with online access to the journal can access the articles at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/0305750X
Links to this post: