Wednesday, January 16, 2008
INTERNSHIP: Africa Program of ILC
The secretariat of the International Land Coalition (ILC), based at the United Nations International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) in Rome, is seeking an intern for its Africa programme working alongside the Programme Manager for Africa.
The primary responsibility of the intern will be to provide support, as required, to the Programme Manager for Africa, as well as programme officers and consultants working on initiatives in Africa. This is likely to include:
- Working with the steering group for Africa to facilitate the regionalisation process of ILC
- Providing support to ongoing initiatives with civil society organisations, research institutions and inter-governmental organisations in Africa
- Liaison with potential and existing donors
- Promoting linkages of programmes in Africa with the global and thematic work of ILC
Potential candidates should have:
- University-level degree in a relevant discipline
- Interest and enthusiasm to work with both UN and civil society on land-related issues
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English and French
- Ability take initiative and work well independently
- Significant personal and/or professional experience in African contexts
Internship with UN agencies is subject to standard rules and procedures, including an allowance of USD 600 per month up to a maximum of six months.
The internship will preferably start before the end of February 2008. Interested applicants should send their CV with a letter of motivation to <email@example.com> by no later than 1 February 2008, specifying “internship” in the subject category. Please provide the contact information for two references.
For further information, contact Michael Taylor, Programme Manager for Africa at +39 06 5459 2267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to this post: