Wednesday, July 23, 2008
CALL FOR PRE-PROPOSALS: Africa Small Grants Program
The global change organisation SysTem for Analysis, Research, and Training (START) is calling for pre-proposals for grants in support of one year of research related to global environmental change in Africa. START seeks pre-proposals from African scientists for one-year projects.
The pre-proposal must provide specific information on how the proposed research will contribute to:
- Improving knowledge of the Earth’s changing climate and environment, including its natural variability, and/or how the research will improve understanding of the causes of observed variability and change.
- Improving quantification of the driving forces of changes in the Earth’s climate and systems.
- Reducing uncertainty in projections of how the Earth’s climate and related systems may change in the future.
- Understanding the sensitivity and adaptability of different natural and managed ecosystems and human systems to climate and related global changes.
- Assessing impacts, adaptation, and risk management strategies related to climate variability and change.
The deadline for application is August 15 2008. [more]