Tuesday, September 16, 2008
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Knowledge Share Fair for Agricultural Development and Food Security
On the 20-22 January 2009, the CGIAR ICT-KM program, Bioversity International, FAO, IFAD and WFP will be organizing a 3-day event in FAO's Headquarters in Rome entitled "Knowledge Share Fair for Agricultural Development and Food Security".
Submissions are now open for your knowledge sharing cases. The closing date is 15 October 2008.
They are looking for good knowledge sharing practices in the field of agricultural development and food security. How have knowledge sharing practices, methods and tools enhanced your work and made your project more successful and effective?
In particular, how do you effectively:
- Work in geographically distributed environments?
- Capture and share local (indigenous) l knowledge, issues and ideas?
- Deal with culture and gender issues?
- Retain knowledge when workers leave?
- Build relationships or networks?
- Facilitate collaborative practices?
- Communicate internally (within your organization and project) and externally (with partners, stakeholders)?
Please go to http://www.sharefair.net/ for more information.