Tuesday, May 05, 2009
PUBLICATION: Policy Brief on "Land Grabbing"
IFPRI just published a Policy Brief entitled “Land Grabbing” by Foreign Investors in Developing Countries: Risks and Opportunities and authored by Joachim von Braun and Ruth Meinzen-Dick:
Foreign investment can provide key resources for agriculture, but only if arrangements are properly negotiated, practices are sustainable, and benefits are shared. You can access the brief and a map that visualizes some cases on the IFPRI website.
- Land grab: The race for the world's farmland (The Independent)
- Extranjeros a la caza de propiedades agrarias (IPS Noticias)
- Food scare sparks Third World land rush (Reuters)
- Land Grabbing by Foreign Investors in Developing Countries ... (Africa Science News Service)
- Spotlight turned on overseas land grabs (Financial Times)