Wednesday, October 21, 2009
FELLOWSHIPS: 2 Post-Doc Opportunities at IFPRI
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks 2 Postdoctoral Fellows/Research Fellows to be based at IFPRI headquarters in Washington, DC. One fellow, based in IFPRI’s Development Strategy and Governance Division (DSGD) will conduct research on household food security, nutrition and poverty in support of regional and country development strategies. The fellow will develop a cross-divisional research program to search for policy options and to design strategies to improve household welfare with an emphasis on food and nutrition security in developing countries. More specifically, the fellow will develop and coordinate the following research and outreach activities to:
- Support country strategy support programs in designing household surveys in collaboration with national statistical agencies
- Conduct research to analyze policy options to improve household welfare and integrate research to support national strategy development on food and nutrition security, and
- Strengthen capacity of national researchers in conducting research.
Deadline: position is open until filled. [more information]
Another fellow, based in IFPRI’s Markets, Trade and Institutions Division (MTID) will conduct research on issues related to impact evaluation of institutions and infrastructure and on applied microeconomics. His/her essential duties will be to:
- Work on impact evaluation, mainly empirical micro econometric modeling, and household and intra household analysis.
- Help to research and test ways in which applied mechanism design can help to promote factor markets development in developing countries, through the use of experimental economics methods
Deadline: November 20, 2009. [more information]