Monday, January 25, 2010
FUNDING: DFID’s Development Innovation Fund
DFID is establishing a new funding stream aimed at community based organisations involved in providing specific small scale, one-off support that directly targets poverty in the developing world and includes a significant development awareness component in the UK. The Fund will be operational for an initial 16 months from 2010. The Fund is intended to offer funding opportunities to not for profit organisations but is not intended to replace or overlap with other DFID funding mechanisms.
Some key elements of the fund:
- A total of £7m for an initial period of 16 months, with a mid-term review by August 2010 and an evaluation before the end of March 2011.
- An application based Fund.
- Small scale proposals up to £60,000 ceiling
- Up to 100% funding for an application.
- Applications to cover a period not exceeding one year.
- Applications will be appraised at 3 decision making rounds.
- Applications can cover work in any low or lower-middle income developing country.
- Open only to not for profit organisations.
- Applications must show that the intended activities will improve the lives of poor people in the developing world.
- Applications must demonstrate how the intended work will be used to help raise awareness of development issues in the UK.
- A limit of three applications per group/organisation at any one time.
- Successful applicants can re-apply for funding but only after they have accounted for any previous grants provided
More information available here.