Friday, January 22, 2010
PUBLICATIONS: New Analyses by the Rights and Resources Initiative
The Rights and Resources Initiative (RRI) has released several new strategic analyses covering a wide range of topics including the intersection of rights and conflict, "rethinking forest regulations," the state of Liberian forestry sector management, and China's recent forest land reforms. And in reaction to the renewed attention on forests in 2009, RRI has produced an "annual report" on the status of rights and resources globally - and the issues that affected them - in 2009. The report is designed to both review the status and issues of 2009 and also preview what to watch for in 2010.
- RRI "Annual Report." The End of the Hinterland: Forests, Conflict and Climate Change
- Shearman, P. L. An Assessment of Liberian Forest Area, Dynamics, FDA Concession Plans, and their Relevance to Revenue Projections
- Gregersen, H. and A. Contreras. Rethinking Forest Regulations: From simple rules to systems to promote best practices and compliance
- Xu, White and Lele. China's Forest Tenure Reforms: Impacts and Implications for Choice, Conservation and Climate Change
- Wily, L. A. Fodder for War: Getting to the Crux of the Natural Resources Crisis