Wednesday, February 03, 2010
EMPLOYMENT: FAO Fishery Planning Analyst
Under the general supervision of the Director, Fisheries and Aquaculture Economics and Policy Division, and in collaboration with other technical officers, the incumbent will provide advice on fisheries governance, management and development. In particular, will:
- conduct analytical and/or descriptive studies of social, economic, and institutional aspects of capture fisheries at the various relevant levels of analysis, in an interdisciplinary context;
- prepare and participate in missions to assist countries requesting advice on the governance, management and/or development of fisheries;
- prepare technical documentation and papers for discussion and publication;
- prepare and participate in technical meetings, expert and/or technical consultations on fishery governance, management and development, including contributing to the preparation of background documents and to the reporting and dissemination of results;
- participate in capacity-building activities designed to improve national capacities in the methodologies and concepts of social, economic and institutional analysis of fisheries as well as in the elaboration of policies, strategies and plans aiming at strengthening fisheries management and governance;
- provide technical backstopping to FAO field projects on social, economic and institutional issues and factors concerning fisheries management, development and governance;
- assist in the coordination and exchange of information on social, economic and institutional aspects of fishery management, development and governance;
- perform other related duties as required.
More information here.
Deadline: February 5, 2010
Links to this post: