Tuesday, March 02, 2010
EMPLOYMENT: Marketing Specialist, ICRAF
The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), carries out research to generate science-based knowledge about the complex role that trees play in agricultural landscapes and uses its research to ensure that policies and practices benefit the poor and the environment. ICRAF’s activities in the West and Central Africa Region (WCA) with Regional Office in Yaoundé, Cameroon are carried out in the Sahel, Upper Guinea and in the Humid Tropics zone. The Humid Tropics node (WCA/HT) has offices in Cameroon, DRC and Nigeria. The node's activities focus on participatory tree domestication of high-value indigenous fruit trees and medicinal plants with particular emphasis on marketing of derived products. The team consists of 40 permanent staff members and collaborators from partner institutions. ICRAF is looking for a Marketing Specialist to be based in Yaounde, Cameroon.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator, the marketing specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead marketing research activities in the WCA/HT region, including value chain and sector analysis of fruits, nuts, medicinals and other tree products, studies of consumer demand and inter-regional trade.
- Provide guidance in monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment of agroforestry tree product marketing activities, such as market information systems, collective action, and post-harvest processing.
- Lead and coordinate a team of people conducting research and development activities on the marketing of agroforestry tree products in the WCA/HT region
- Development of marketing strategies and approaches, preparation of research proposals, conception and implementation of marketing studies, publishing results, etc.
- Initiate and manage networks and partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with Global Researcher Leader in charge of marketing for the development of any research program
- Supervise graduate students in marketing research
- Assist the Regional Coordinator in steering and managing specific projects
More information available here.
Deadline: March 5, 2010
Links to this post: