Thursday, May 06, 2010
EMPLOYMENT: FAO Senior Economist (Right to Food)
FAO has a vacancy for the Rome-based position of Senior Economist, Right to Food, in the Agricultural Development Economics Division.
Under the overall supervision of the Director, ESA, and as a leader or member of one or more task teams, the Senior Economist will contribute to the work programme on the Right to Food. Specifically s/he will:
- lead analytical work linking right-to-food principles (accountability, governance, transparency, focus on the poorest) to food security policies and institutions;
- provide policy assistance on integrating right-to-food principles into national food security policy frameworks, including food security and poverty reduction strategies, agricultural and rural development policies, social development strategies and others;
- provide analytical support to field activities aimed at strengthening the governance of food security, including the analysis of institutions relevant to food security;
- develop, implement and backstop technical assistance programmes for countries to improve food security, nutrition and poverty information systems and the inclusion of human rights-based indicators to monitor policy/programme implementation and impacts;
- analyze country experiences and best practices related to the above;
- undertake analytical work on the links between the right to food and the political economy of hunger, and contribute to awareness and capacity development in this area;
- represent FAO in relevant international and national fora and develop and maintain contacts with other international agencies and academic institutions working on the right to food, food security governance, and food security issues and policies;
- mobilize extra budgetary resources in support of the Division’s programme of work related to food security and the right to food;
- perform other related duties as required.
Deadline: June 23, 2010
Links to this post: