Wednesday, June 02, 2010
CALL FOR PRE-PROPOSALS: Africa-Brazil Agricultural Innovation Marketplace
The Africa-Brazil Agricultural Innovation Marketplace is an international initiative supported by different donors aiming to link Brazilian and African experts and institutions to develop cooperative projects.
The Innovation Marketplace will be composed of three basic pillars:
- A policy dialogue between the main authorities from Africa and Brazil supporting institutions focused on the development of a mutually agreed framework for collaboration
- A forum for presentation and discussion of research for development ideas, including proposal selection, that would be competitively supported.
- Support and implementation of Africa-Brazil agricultural projects.
The priority areas are:
- Productivity Enhancing Technologies
- Natural Resource Management Improvement
- Policy, Institutional and Market Strengthening and Knowledge Management
- Smallholder and Poverty-Alleviation Targeted Technologies-Mechanization appropriate for smallholders
Public and private research and development organizations in Africa are encouraged to submit proposals for collaborative projects with Embrapa in Brazil.
Deadline: July 15, 2010
Links to this post: