Tuesday, June 08, 2010
EMPLOYMENT: ICIMOD Gender Specialist (Nepal)
ICIMOD is a regional knowledge development and learning centre serving the eight regional member countries of the Hindu Kush-Himalayas – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan. We're working to develop an economically and environmentally sound mountain ecosystem to improve the living standards of mountain populations -– now, and for the future. In line with its new Strategic Framework, ICIMOD is strengthening its capacity to develop new approaches to meet the growing challenges in the region posed by climate change and globalization.
Under the overall guidance of the Director Programme Operations, and the direct supervision of the Gender and Governance Division Head, the Gender Specialist will contribute to enhance ICIMOD’s capacities to address gender issues in the mountain development. Specifically the Gender Specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Identify and document the gender issues related to natural resources management, livelihood, climate change adaptation, and hazard preparedness in the HKH;
- Contribute to the implementation of the existing gender equity policy of ICIMOD; support ICIMOD action areas in conducting gender analysis as a part of their projects and develop gender tools, frameworks, guidelines and monitoring systems;
- Develop knowledge sharing products and participate in advocacy initiatives;
- Organize and contribute to workshops on gender approach for ICIMOD staff and partners;
- Support the Gender and Governance Division Head in her role as a focal point for the gender and development network in ICIMOD and in the region;
- Work as a team player within ICIMOD to support other activities and promote institutional goals.
Deadline: June 25, 2010