Tuesday, October 05, 2010
EMPLOYMENT: Associate Researcher, Governance and Capacity Group, IGES
The Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES), established by an initiative of the Japanese Government in 1998, is a research institute that conducts pragmatic and innovative strategic policy research to support sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region.
IGES’s Governance and Capacity Group will conduct policy analysis and make policy recommendations regarding governance and capacity issues related to the promotion of sustainable development in Asia. In particular, during the Fifth Phase, the following issues will be main focus areas:
- Global governance, focusing on strategies for Rio+20
- Regional and National Governance and Environmental Cooperation in East Asia (broadly defined)
- Trans-boundary Air Pollution (focusing on domestic factors influencing the potential for international cooperation in East Asia)
- Biofuels (policies and environmental, economic, and social impacts in East Asia)
- Environmentally Sustainable Consumption
- Local governance
- Participatory Environment Decision Making
Research will be conducted on the above topics in cooperation with various institutes in the Asia-Pacific region, while keeping close connections with international organisations such as the United Nations Environmental Programme, the Government of Japan, as well as with governments and organizations in other related countries.
Deadline: October 31, 2010
Links to this post: