Tuesday, November 23, 2010
EMPLOYMENT: FAO Director, Office of Knowledge Exchange, Research and Extension
Under the guidance of the Deputy Director-General (Knowledge), the Director is the principal adviser to senior management of the Organization regarding research and extension, knowledge management, technical publishing, capacity development, communication for development and education and responsible for quality delivery of the services of the Office.
Specific duties and functions are to:
- Advise the Deputy Director-General (Knowledge) on matters under the Office’s mandate of activities, providing leadership and vision on the Organization’s programmes that foster agricultural innovation, learning, the sharing of knowledge and information, and capacity development in these areas;
- Exercise overall management responsibility for the Office’s biennial programme of work, ensuring its technical quality within the framework of the FAO Strategic Framework, the Medium Term Plan and the costeffective use of resources through Results Based Management;
- Preserve and ensure access to FAO’s institutional memory, and facilitate access to scientific and technical information sources for FAO staff and key stakeholders in member countries;
- Advocate FAO policies and normative frameworks, and oversee the implementation of FAO corporate strategies for capacity development and knowledge management, incorporating learning and collaborative technologies;
- Foster the development of national and international research and extension systems that contribute to food security and effective natural resources management;
- Encourage cooperation with global stakeholders such as the Global Forum on Agricultural Research (GFAR) and the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research (CGIAR);
- Act as FAO focal point for the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research (CGIAR);
- Represent FAO in the United Nation’s system and at other international fora.
Deadline: December 4, 2010
Links to this post: