Sunday, December 19, 2010
EMPLOYMENT: Agricultural Water Management Specialist, IWMI
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) seeks applications for the position of agricultural water management specialist to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
If you possess a PhD in Agricultural Water Management, Water Resources Management, Agroecology, Agricultural Systems, Irrigation Sciences, Natural Resources Management or a related field, and have at least five years experience carrying out research projects that aim to improve water resources management, agriculture and livelihoods; then this could be the job for you. This position reports to the Head of the Southern Africa office of the International Water Management Institute (IWMI).
- develop, lead and conduct research on topics related to agricultural water management (matching water management interventions to biophysical and social landscape conditions, intensification of production in mixed farming and irrigation systems, institutional and governance issues);
- bring innovative approaches to research on water management technologies that can be used in rain-fed agriculture and irrigated systems with the view of providing solutions to raising agricultural productivity and improving resilience of agricultural systems;
- manage research projects, ensuring that work is planned and executed consistently with an agreed work plan and that progress is reported periodically to relevant stakeholders;
- publish research results in international scientific literature and other relevant media to ensure dissemination of research results to targeted audiences;
- liaise with key partners (including other CGIAR centers) and stakeholders as required in executing the research and the uptake of research results.
Deadline: January 9, 2011
Links to this post: