Sunday, December 19, 2010
EMPLOYMENT: IFAD Senior Rural Development Specialist (LAC)
Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Latin America and Caribbean Division (LAC), the incumbent will:
- Be co-responsible with Country Programme Managers (CPMs) for the design of the Country Programme and Operations Strategies (COSOPs).
- Provide high-level and authoritative advice to CPMs and consultants to ensure quality design of projects.
- Lead the design of annual grant work plans and manage the grant portfolio, including creating and managing processes to facilitate the uptake of lessons learned and sharing these experience with IFAD, its partners and policy makers.
- Provide authoritative advice to CPMs on the design of country-specific policy dialogue processes; design and manage sub-regional, regional and international policy dialogue that is relevant and adds value to the work of LAC at the country level, including interactions with other funding and technical assistance multilaterals and bilaterals.
- Design and manage an integrated Knowledge Management and South-South strategy and work plan for LAC, including the development of effective instruments.
- Support the portfolio review process by providing an overview of regional trends and by analyzing cross-cutting issues and results to generate inputs for strategic or programmatic decisions.
- Represent the LAC Region in relevant internal strategy-setting and policy formulation processes.
- Design and manage a programme of regional and thematic analysis that generates relevant, timely and high-quality inputs for the remaining duties and responsibilities. This includes developing and managing an informal network of strategic partners in the region and elsewhere that can contribute with specialized knowledge and analysis.
Deadline: January 21, 2011