Friday, January 14, 2011
CALL FOR PAPERS: Sixth Biennial Conference of the Indian Society for Ecological Economics
The Sixth Biennial Conference of the Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE) on “Nature, Economy and Society: Understanding the Linkages” will be held during 20-22 October, 2011 at the Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad. The conference shall address a diverse repertoire of issues at the interface of nature, economy and society and explore how to use the understanding for policy formulation. The discussion of issues is expected to cover cutting-edge conceptual and methodological advances being made in the different disciplines and also address current policy relevant problems in the area of environment, development and social justice. Papers of the following genres in all sub-themes are especially welcome:
- those that evaluate completed and ongoing government programmes and policies ( in particular in South Asia) in terms of contribution to conservation and future growth and examine challenges in formulating and implementing policies.
- those that use and assess methodological pluralism vis-a-vis examining nature across disciplines.
List of themes:
- Ecosystems and Ecosystem Services for Life and Human Well- being
- Accounting for Nature
- Global and Local Impact of Economic Growth, Trade and Globalisation on the Environment (at different scales)
- Alternative Approaches to Nature and Society and Assessing the Role of Knowledge and Power
- Social Norms, Culture and Human Behaviour in relation to the Environment
- Towards Green and Sustainable Socio-economic Systems
- Equity and Governance Issues in relation to the global, national and local commons
Deadline for 400-word abstracts: February 28, 2011
Links to this post: