Monday, January 17, 2011
EMPLOYMENT: ICIMOD Director General
ICIMOD is the leading international institute for sustainable mountain development and expertise on the Hindu Kush-Himalayan region. The Headquarters are in Kathmandu, Nepal. ICIMOD is a dynamic regional intergovernmental organisation with a growing circle of stakeholders. Its mission is to contribute to the reduction of the scientific uncertainty around the changing climate, to enhance the knowledge of regional and global decision makers about mountain ecosystem services, and to strengthen the resilience of the communities of the Hindu Kush-Himalayan region. ICIMOD looks for a dynamic and forward looking successor to the present Director General to lead the centre through the challenging tasks of the coming years.
The position requires a highly experienced professional who has:
- an established reputation and experience in senior management including managing a scientific research and development institution;
- a broad understanding of the drivers of change, particularly changing climate, and of sustainable mountain development, with a PhD or equivalent degree in a relevant discipline;
- working experience in the Hindu Kush-Himalayan region;
- in-depth knowledge of the main regional development and policy issues;
- demonstrated success in raising international funds.
Deadline: February 11, 2011