Thursday, January 06, 2011
EMPLOYMENT: ICIMOD Gender Specialist (Nepal)
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) is a regional knowledge development and learning centre serving the eight regional member countries of the Hindu Kush-Himalayas (HKH) – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan. They are working to develop an economically and environmentally sound mountain ecosystem to improve the living standards and livelihoods options of mountain women and men – now, and for the future. In line with its new Strategic Framework, ICIMOD is strengthening its capacity to develop new approaches to meet the growing challenges in the region posed by multiple drivers of change such as climate change, land use change, migration, and globalisation.
The role of the Gender and Governance Division is to integrate, support and carry out focused work on gender issues within the Centre and the region, as well as to implement ICIMOD’s gender equity policy through the following:
- Documenting and researching gender issues related to sustainable development, environmental issues, and access to resources in the HKH region
- Strengthening capacity of ICIMOD to integrate gender analysis, issues, and equity by
- developing approaches and methodologies for integrating gender issues in ICIMOD projects and initiatives;
- organising training to develop the capacity of ICIMOD staff and partners to understand and analyse gender issues and integrate gender equity; and
- providing technical input into ICIMOD’s action areas, and partner activities.
- Promoting gender equity in the HKH region for mountain development by
- networking with like-minded organisations working to promote gender equity in the HKH region;
- advocating for gender equity in development and environmental policies and strategies;
- supporting women’s empowerment and leadership in mountain development.
Deadline: January 15, 2011