Friday, January 14, 2011
EMPLOYMENT: Project Coordinator, Integrated Soil Fertility Management (ISFM) in the Great Lake & Southern Africa
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) is seeking to fill the position of Project Coordinator for the project Increasing smallholder farm productivity, income, and health through widespread adoption Integrated Soil Fertility Management (ISFM) in the Great Lake Regions and Southern Africa. The position will report to the ISFM Program Leader and Director of CIAT. S/He will be responsible for the overall project coordination in DRC and will serve as the spokesperson for the Project. More specifically, he/she will:
- Liaise and follow up with project staff to ensure the implementation of planned activities across project objectives and study sites.
- Develop and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensure coordination of the project interfaces of Research, Marketing, and Regional Operations.
- Ensure project deliverables are met and consolidate progress reports ensuring they reflect the activities carried out.
- Facilitating at meetings and workshops as appropriate.
- Ensure timely dispatch of the necessary resources to all Centers and NARS partners.
- Be the contact for interaction with major stakeholder groups, including local and regional policy makers.
- Manage operational activities in DRC.
- Financial and technical reporting on project activities.
- Technical reporting to the ISFM program.
Deadline: January 31, 2011