Monday, February 28, 2011
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: the 2011 ProSPER.Net-Scopus Young Scientist Award
The Prosper.Net-Scopus Young Scientist Award in Sustainable Development is given annually to young scientists or researchers, based in the Asia-Pacific region, who have made significant contributions in the area of Sustainable Development.
For 2011, awards will be given in each of three areas:
1. ICT for Sustainable Development
Application of ICT in areas such as:
- Climate Change
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Ecosystem Management for sustainability
Protection of species and wildlife including landscape management and habitat restoration
- Economics of ecosystems and biodiversity, valuing and ecosystem services, and the use of market-based instruments for biodiversity production
- Biodiversity for food and agriculture
- S & T in rural and urban areas
- S & T in low carbon innovation
- S & T in renewable energy innovation
- S & T and income generation
Eligibility and Application Process
The award is open to those engaged in graduate education and research activities that emphasize sustainable development in any of the above three areas. Candidates are expected to be employed at institutions of higher education in the Asia-Pacific region (excluding USA and Canada), and should have completed their PhD. degree between 1 July 2006 and 1 July 2011.
Candidates may be put forth by nomination or direct application. Nominations and applications must be supported by two letters of recommendation.
Deadline: April 30, 2011
Links to this post: