Friday, February 11, 2011
EMPLOYMENT: IFAD Senior Technical Adviser – Gender, empowerment and social inclusion for rural development
As a Senior Technical Advisor, the incumbent will work under the management of the Director of the Policy and Technical Advisory Division (PTA). The incumbent shall carry out the duties and responsibilities described below:
- Provide up-to-date professional advice to improve the capacity of IFAD and its partners to design, implement and monitor programmes that promote gender equality and social inclusion; are targeted to the poor, and empower local communities.
- Provide technological, institutional and operational policy support to staff, field missions and regional programmes at all stages of the country programme and project cycle, including implementation support in the thematic areas indicated.
- Pro-actively orient and manage applied research work to fill gaps and obtain feedback in knowledge in his/her professional area/domain.
- Develop tools, guidelines and advice concerning his/her area of expertise.
- Facilitate, internally and externally, cross-regional exchange of knowledge, and documentation of field tested approaches with potential for upscaling in the areas of gender equality; empowerment and social inclusion; pro-poor targeting.
- Facilitate integration of issues related to gender equality, empowerment, targeting, and social inclusion in the different thematic areas which the Division covers (including sustainable agriculture and development, natural resource management and climate change; rural infrastructures, marketing and value-chains, rural institutions and farmer organisations).
- Develop partnerships for purposes of joint advocacy and knowledge generation and sharing, and represent IFAD at international fora in her/his professional area/domain.
- Perform other related duties as may be requested by the Director of the Division.
Deadline: March 11, 2011