Monday, February 07, 2011
FELLOWSHIP: FAC’s Early Career Fellowship Programme
The Future Agricultures Consortium’s call for its Early Career Fellowship Programme is now open, and candidates are asked to apply by 15 February 2011.
The Early Career Fellowship Programme supports talented young researchers working on African agricultural policy and is available to early career professionals working in Africa and the UK. Both full-time and part-time appointments are available and all fellowships will have a senior FAC researcher affiliated with a FAC partner institution. The awards will support original field-based and policy-oriented research on African agricultural policy.
The Programme has three types of awards available
- One-year full-time post-Masters or post-doc appointment (£10,000 each). Four positions are available for African nationals conducting research in Africa.
- One-year part-time post-Masters or post-doc appointment (£5,000 each). Three positions are available for African nationals conducting research in Africa.
- Six-month full-time post-doc appointment (£12,500 each). Two positions available for researchers based in the UK.
Successful applicants will link up with FAC members who will provide mentoring support during the fellowship. Applications will be in line with one of FAC’s eight thematic areas:
- Climate Change
- Growth & social protection
- Policy processes
- Science, technology and innovation
Deadline: February 15, 2011
Links to this post: