Wednesday, March 09, 2011
SCHOLARSHIP: MSc in Climate Change and Development at IDS/Sussex
A full scholarship (fees plus maintenance and travel) funded through the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship scheme is available for applicants to the MSc in Climate Change and Development programme at University of Sussex/Institute for Development Studies, UK for entry October 2011.
Potential applicants must undertake the following process in the order stated.
- Check their eligibility for the award (see criteria below)
- Submit an application for the MSc in Climate Change and Development using the online application facility at http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/2011/taught/3331/23691
- Only after applicants have received an offer of a place on the course should they request an application form for the scholarship, be contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications for the scholarship is 1st May 2011.
The applicants must:
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a Commonwealth developing country, and not currently be living or studying in a developed country (please see the booklet for a list of eligible countries)
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level;
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- not be employed by a government department (for this purpose the Commission counts this as being employed by a Government Ministry).
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they or their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
More information on MSc in Climate Change and Development.
More information (pdf) on the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme.
Deadline: May 1, 2011