Wednesday, May 11, 2011
EMPLOYMENT: FAO Statistician, Greenhouse Gas Assessment Framework
The full title of the position is Statistician (Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Assessment Framework for emissions and mitigation potentials in agriculture, forestry and fisheries). Under the overall guidance of the Director, NRC, and the supervision of the Programme Coordinator of the project “Making land use and agriculture part of the solution – Building capacities for Agriculture Mitigation” (MICCA) and a Senior Statistician,ESS, the incumbent will undertake the gathering, standardization, compilation and analysis of the data and information provided from member states and partners and oversee the upload of the data and information onto the central data portal. In particular, the incumbent will:
- review methodologies of current statistical information reporting systems and prepare standardised statistical information reporting processes and requirements.
- develop protocols and guidelines to assist data compilers to gather, process, validate and provide adequate data and metadata.
- review existing statistical information and reporting systems with a view to identifying inconsistencies and inadequacies in data.
- identify and fill major data gaps or coefficients which are required to complete components of the assessment such as the life cycle analysis.
- process and analyse the data provided by national institutions and partners.
- in collaboration with project partners, undertake analysis of regional and global GHG datasets for different sectors and agricultural products.
- support the preparation of guidelines, good practice manuals and distance learning tools and related training materials.
- support the organization and act as facilitator in the regional training workshops.
- oversee the development of the Web portal, including establishing required functionality, preparing technical materials and supporting the development of the content.
- perform other related duties as required.
Deadline: May 18, 2011
Links to this post: