Tuesday, May 31, 2011
EMPLOYMENT: ICRISAT Scientist-Agroforestry and Tree Domestication
ICRISAT seeks applications for a Scientist-Agroforestry and Tree domestication, to be based at ICRISAT, Niamey, Niger. The Scientist will be a member of the multi-disciplinary research team of ICRISAT, to develop crop-tree-livestock based systems in collaboration with ILRI-ICRAF. The responsibilities include:
- To develop crop-tree-livestock based systems in collaboration with ILRI-ICRAF.
- Conduct research on priority agroforestry species for both ICRISAT and ICRAF.
- Develop efficient tree seed production/ dissemination systems in the Sahel.
- Conduct research on agronomy and management of important agroforestry species in the Sahel.
- Organize regional training courses on tree propagation, nursery techniques and tree seed collections and management for research and development partners with focus on multipurpose tree species in the Sahel.
- Evaluate and maintain tree germplasm collection, including indigenous tree species.
- Lead the research on bio-energy in the Sahel with focus on Jatropha curcas.
- Contribute to the on-going research on firewood, wood products and fodder tree species in the Sahel.
- Contribute to fund raising through development of research projects in collaboration with other ICRAF and ICRISAT scientists on priority tree species and agricultural production systems in the Sahel including agro-forestry parklands.
Deadline: June 10, 2011
Links to this post: