Tuesday, May 03, 2011
ONLINE RESOURCE: The Worldwide Extension Network
The Worldwide Extension Study provides empirical data on the human and financial resources of agricultural extension and advisory systems worldwide, as well as other important information on:
- the primary extension service providers in each country (e.g. public, private and/or non-governmental);
- which types and groups of farmers are the primary target groups (e.g. large, medium, and/or small-scale farmers, including rural women) for each extension organization;
- how each organization’s resources are allocated to key extension and advisory service functions;
- each organization’s information and communication technology resources and capacity; and
- what role, if any, different categories of farmers play in setting extension’s priorities and/or assessing performance.