Wednesday, June 01, 2011
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: Second Global AgriKnowledge Share Fair
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), World Food Programme (WFP), and Bioversity International in partnership with regional and international partners are jointly organizing the second global knowledge share fair from 26-29 September 2011 at IFAD headquarters.
The second global share fair will be a compelling, exciting and “out-of-the-box” event, offering participants creative and innovative learning and sharing opportunities, thus equipping them to better influence future rural development activities. Building on the success of the first global knowledge share fair, this three-day event provides a forum for participants to learn and share their knowledge, experience and innovations on emerging trends relating to agriculture, food security, price volatility, climate change, changing demographics and other rural development related issues.
Proposals are invited on the following specific themes:
- new trends and thinking on coping with market access challenges and developing markets for small farmers
- innovative use of mobile technology and/or social media in the agriculture sector to enhance food security and nutrition
- the impact of migration and population growth to feed future population
- new technologies and innovative agricultural and farming practices to increase productivity
- opportunities for innovative partnerships including with private sector, farmer organizations
- environment-friendly and green innovations
The full concept note and call for proposals, along with other information, is available here.
Deadline: July 1, 2011
Links to this post: