Wednesday, June 15, 2011
EMPLOYMENT: CIFOR Senior Scientist, Landscape Ecologist
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. CIFOR is one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), headquartered in Bogor, Indonesia, and with offices in Asia, Africa and South America. CIFOR is looking for a visionary Senior Scientist, Landscape Ecologist.
Under the leadership of the Programme Director, the Scientist will develop, facilitate and manage research projects at various sites globally.
The Scientist will:
- Lead the GIS and Remote Sensing unit, and provide support to other research staff and projects across all CIFOR research programmes and research domains;
- Be responsible for guiding and implementing effective server-based methods for delivering spatial data across the organisation and to the public websites;
- Participate in CIFOR’ s six research domains;
- Help facilitate and identify strategic opportunities in the domains;
- Provide scientific leadership and management, and undertake appropriate research;
- Develop and maintain partnerships;
- Develop and maintain donor relations;
- Support capacity building initiatives and staff development, and encourage continuous improvement and learning.
Details of duties, assignments and objectives will be further discussed and laid out in an annual performance contract.
Deadline: July 31, 2011