Monday, June 20, 2011
EMPLOYMENT: IFC Senior Water Specialist
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector investment arm of the World Bank Group, is hiring a Senior Water Specialist.
The Senior Water Specialist will have several functional responsibilities.
Water sector advisory program portfolio management:
- Support regional teams to develop new advisory projects and programs which address water scarcity and/or water quality.
- In coordination with regional staff, manage development, testing, and roll out of new approaches and delivery models related to addressing water issues.
- Ensure the quality of advisory projects in water efficiency space by working closely with regional teams throughout the project cycle: project design, approval, implementation/supervision and project closure
- Support IFC investment and advisory teams to identify opportunities for working with existing and perspective IFC clients to improve water use efficiency.
Knowledge Management and Thought Leadership:
- Contribute to IFC internal knowledge management practices by gathering, managing and disseminating global best practice and institutional knowledge on water efficiency agenda across IFC and the World Bank Group.
- Provide ‘thought leadership (externally targeted publications, presentations, learning fora, and other communications vehicles) to catalyze investment and support replication of effective models and approaches across the private sector in developing country markets to address water scarcity and water quality and access.
Relationship Management with stakeholders in water agenda :
- Liaise with IFC and WBG internal stakeholders active in water space.
- Represent IFC externally to global industry players, international organizations and donors are relevant on issues relevant to the water efficiency topic.
Deadline: July 17, 2011
Links to this post: