Thursday, July 07, 2011
CALL FOR PAPERS: International Water Association World Congress on Water, Climate and Energy
The International Water Association (IWA) is the global network of 10,000 water professionals spanning the continuum between research and practice and covering all facets of the water cycle. The IWA’s World Congress on Water, Climate and Energy will be held in Dublin from May 13-18, 2012. Submissions for oral and poster presentation are invited on the topics listed below supplemented by invited talks by world experts and political leaders.
- Infraastructures. Covers all elements of systems for the collection, treatment and disposal / distribution of water and waste water and their energy implications. It also covers all water / energy / climate aspects of solid waste management.
- Environment and Ecology. Conscious of the web of links between human settlements and the surrounding landscapes, this topic embraces a wide remit relating to impacts of changes in climate and water distribution and usage on the natural environment and on ecology. Issues of sustainability, human health implications of change and adaptation to these changes are covered here for both the developed and developing worlds.
- Communications & Information. Proper management of water and energy systems requires information and this section includes sensors for producing the information and systems for collecting, storing and processing information. Many nonstructural management measures depend on public response so papers describing communication with the public these are invited here.
- Climate Change. All aspects of climate change relating to water resources and / or their energy implications. The primary focus is on response, i.e. adaptation and mitigation.
- Economics and Policy. Decision making relating to water resources management. This includes formulating and implementing policies and decisions, regulation and stakeholder interactions.
- Water, Agriculture and Food. All aspects related to the competing uses and increasing competition for water from agriculture and food production and the relationships with climate change and energy requirements.
- Special Programmes. A number of international project groups plan to hold their meetings at the Congress so a number of open special sessions will be organized to address their topics and relevant papers are invited from any interested person. (other projects may be accepted and added later)
Deadline: September 15, 2011