Friday, July 01, 2011
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Climate Change and Water–Adaptation H20 (IDRC)
The International Development Research Centre's Climate Change and Water program is pleased to launch the call for proposals for its graduate research awards entitled "Adaptation H2O." Adaptation H2O aims to promote important research on the water related impacts of climate change as well as to build the capacity of students working in this field.
Adaptation H2O will provide research awards to graduate students from developing countries (enrolled in a masters or PhD program) and to Canadian citizens or permanent residents (enrolled in a PhD program). For more details regarding the eligibility criteria please refer to the attached call for proposals or visit: www.idrc.ca/Adaptation-H2O.
Themes for the call are:-
- Economic analysis related to climate change adaptation
- Gender analysis of adaptation strategies
- Use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) and spatial decision support systems for adaptation
- The role of clean energy in water provision
- Adapting to climate change in vulnerable coastal communities
Deadline: September 1, 2011