Wednesday, August 24, 2011
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: International Scientific Symposium on Food & Nutrition Security Information
Ten years after the 2002 International Scientific Symposium on the Measurement of Food Deprivation and Undernutrition, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is organizing an international scientific symposium to:
- examine emerging trends in measuring food and nutrition security information; and
- link evidence based information more closely to decision-making processes.
Abstracts should be related to one of the following topics:
- Measuring and analyzing food and nutrition security to improve the availability and quality of information for decision making - advances made since the 2002 International Scientific Symposium.
- Impact evaluation - understanding what works in humanitarian and development contexts to improve food and nutrition insecurity, for informing policies and programmes.
- Food and nutrition security information: from evidence to policy impact.
Deadline: September 16, 2011