Tuesday, August 30, 2011
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: On-the-Job Research Capacity Building for Sustainable Agriculture in Developing Countries (OJCB)
UNU-ISP is pleased to announce that applications are now available for On-the-Job Research Capacity Building for Sustainable Agriculture in Developing Countries (OJCB). This programme is funded by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan, and coordinated by UNU-ISP.
UNU-ISP will support the capacity building programme planned and implemented by leading scientists, which mainly consists of on-the-Job training (OJT) for capacity building for young researchers in developing countries.
The purpose of this programme is to:
- Develop capacity for agricultural research in developing countries.
- Disseminate new agricultural technologies that are adaptable to local conditions and to local farmers.
- Ultimately contribute towards increasing world food production through promotion of sustainable agriculture in developing countries.
Each capacity building programme is planned and implemented by a leading scientist (host scientist) who is engaged in research related to sustainable agriculture in developing countries.
The programme consists of:
- OJT for young researchers in developing countries (trainees) under a host scientist.
- Guidance for creation of an action plan to be implemented by the trainee after the OJT.
- Follow up implementation of the action plan by the trainee.
The OJT, which is the main component of the programme, should be conducted for 1 to 3 months in principle, but it is extendable within the limit of the budget, depending on the proposed programme.
Deadline: October 10, 2011