Thursday, August 18, 2011
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Review of and strategy development for climate change communications and social learning in climate change
The CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture, and Food Security (CCAFS) has an open call for proposals for a review of and strategy development for climate change communications and social learning in climate change. The objective of this call is to review both the current approaches to climate change communications and social learning that are applicable to the developing world and to develop a strategy for future CCAFS engagement in this area.
The review is expected to consider the following key points:
- Review of existing approaches/tools/decision aids in development practice (and academic literature) on climate change communications (or beyond) that demonstrate how complex information is conveyed to various stakeholders
- Include the communication of risks, uncertainties and response options to different stakeholders to support informed decision making (focus on food security in rural areas and CCAFS themes)
- Include the communication needs of different stakeholders and how these needs are currently being met (include aspects of perceptions of the risk of climate change and social learning)
- Review of social learning in relation to risk communication and management (may use examples from outside of climate change)
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses of existing approaches
- Identify gaps and propose an innovative strategy and priority activities for CCAFS to move forward: identify research needs towards producing effective communication strategies, decision aids for exchange of information based on information needs of different stakeholder groups
The expected outputs include a review paper and a database of existing approaches. The project will be responsible for identifying and securing relevant publications and sets of information from development organisations and the academic literature, where appropriate.
Deadline: September 15, 2011