Thursday, September 15, 2011
FELLOWSHIP: Vavilov-Frankel Fellowship Call for 2012
Two Fellowships, for up to US$ 20,000 each, will be available for 2012 to carry out research from 3 to 12 months on a wide range of biophysical, economic and social themes related to the conservation and use of plant genetic resources in developing countries.
These opportunities are available thanks to support from Pioneer Hi-Bred, USA and the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC), Australia.
This year's themes focus on :
- Gene discovery in crop wild relatives
- Use of plant genetic resources for adaptation to progressive climate change
- Facilitating better use of genebank materials
- Researching neglected and underutilized species for food and nutrition security
- Policy research in support of the implementation of the International Treaty for Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture
- Applying economics to agrobiodiversity conservation, sustainable use and policy analysis
- Farmer, trader and market strategies for adding value to crop diversity
- Management of plant diseases through a better understanding of host-pathogen interactions and co-evolution
Applications may be submitted in English, French or Spanish. The Call, Application Form and Guidelines can be downloaded from :
Deadline: November 6, 2011
Links to this post: