Tuesday, October 11, 2011
ONLINE RESOURCE: World Bank eAtlas of Gender
The World Bank has launched the World Bank eAtlas of Gender, a companion of the recent World Development Report 2012: Gender Equality and Development. This World Bank eAtlas of Gender, the latest in a suite of user-friendly, interactive electronic atlases, allows users to map and graph dozens of gender indicators over time and across countries. See the video below for a demonstration.
The eAtlas allows users to see how a country fares on several dimensions of well-being and empowerment by clicking on an indicator after a keyword search. When the indicator is selected, a world map appears, showing the latest data for more than 200 economies.
With this eAtlas, you can:
- Map more than 80 World Bank indicators worldwide
- Compare and view two maps simultaneously
- Animate maps to show change over time
- View all data in ranking tables and charts alongside maps
- Export maps and data for use in presentations and more
- Import your own data
Links to this post: