Thursday, December 01, 2011
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: Support for Communities and Vulnerable Groups (IADB)
This Call for Proposals seeks to obtain technically and financially sound community-based development proposals from civil society organizations legally established in one of the IDB’s 26 borrowing member countries that:
- Support well-targeted poverty reduction and social development activities that respond directly to the needs of socially and/or economically disadvantaged people.
- Stimulate wide spread stakeholder participation (i.e. civil society groups) at the community level.
- Pilot alternative and innovative approaches or partnerships with CSOs, including community based organizations, as implementing agencies to reach groups currently not being reached by other programs.
- Support capacity building of community-based organizations in low income communities to provide sustainable solutions for poverty reduction.
Eligible proposals will be focused in the following sectors:
- Provision of basic social services such as health (primary and reproductive), nutrition, early childhood development, education, social programs for vulnerable groups (i.e. at risk children, youth, women, indigenous peoples, peoples with disabilities).
- Support for productive activities such as: business and technical skills training, microenterprise activities for sustainable livelihood, rural development of marginalized areas.
Proposals may also contain a component for capacity building of community based organizations involved in the main activities forseen for the project.
Deadline: December 31, 2011
Links to this post: