Tuesday, February 21, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: IFPRI Research Fellow/Sr. Research Fellow, CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow for a three-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment in its Environment, Production and Technology Division to work on research activities for the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change (CCAFS). This position will report to the program leader, climate change, at IFPRI, and will conduct research on the financial and institutional mechanisms that enhance the practice of climate change mitigation in agriculture and agricultural landscapes. Particular attention should be given to practices that have the potential to improve farmers' productivity and livelihoods and ecosystem services, the economics of mitigation practices, the role of the private sector and REDD finance and activities to sustainable agricultural intensification. This position is located at IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington DC, but will involve travel to countries where IFPRI and CCAFS carries out their research.
- Lead and conduct research on how finance can be used to support incentives, compensation schemes, and institutional mechanisms for large-scale climate change mitigation among smallholder farmers in developing countries.
- Develop a network of related research and policy partners to addresses the problem of payments for climate-related services.
- Work closely with donor and senior government stakeholders on the financial aspects of agricultural programs and projects.
- Publish research in peer-review publications as well as communicating research to the broader agriculture, climate and finance communities in various forms.
- Contributing to the preparation of internal and external program reviews.
Deadline: March 9, 2012