Monday, April 30, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: RECOFTC Senior Program Officer, Livelihoods and Markets
RECOFTC is seeking a Senior Program Officer, Livelihoods and Markets to work as the focal person for further development and advancement of Livelihoods and Markets. The successful applicant will be based at RECOFTC’s Bangkok headquarters and will be required to travel frequently to RECOFTC’s focal countries and beyond. The contract duration is for 2 years with a possibility of extension depending on performance and availability of funding.
The Senior Program Officer’s responsibilities underline RECOFTC’s desire to strengthen its work and impact in the thematic area of Livelihoods and Markets, contributing significantly to the development and implementation of the area. Reporting to the Unit Manager of Capacity Building and Technical Services Unit, the Senior Program Officer will provide expertise to enhance the role community forestry (e.g. farm forestry, communal forest management, village forests and smallholders) in generating increased benefits and incomes from the sustainable management of forest goods and services, and link to these markets. This will be achieved by developing, among others:
- Robust business models for community forestry and forest‐based enterprises,
- Relevant capacities and technical skills at all levels,
- Conducive institutional and infrastructure support (e.g. micro‐finance schemes, cooperatives, farmer groups),
- Credible information about markets and adequate access to market, and
- Strategies to address regulatory barriers for the success of community forestry in poverty reduction, including strategies to mainstream community forestry in lowcarbon economy and green‐growth.
S/he will play a key role in developing RECOFTC’s strategy for analysis/research and capacity building related to livelihoods and markets that support community forestry or community based natural resource management and will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic direction for the livelihoods and market thematic area and ensuring successful delivery and implementation of on‐going projects.
- Coordinating analysis/research and capacity building in relation to livelihoods and markets, including training delivery
- Maintaining and expanding strategic networks with partners other organizations in Asia and the Pacific region and beyond
- Supporting the development of pilots and demonstration sites of innovative and best practices
- Supervising assigned staff and interns and providing appropriate mentorships
- Providing up‐to‐date information and reviews for RECOFTC’s website, E‐Newsletter and capturing program impacts for annual reports, board reviews etc.
- Leading proposal development and resource mobilization.
S/he is directly responsible to the CBTS Manager and will work closely with other units including communications and monitoring and evaluations teams as well as Country Program Coordinators in RECOFTC’s main countries: Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar and Nepal, where s/he will support country teams to pilot and demonstrate improved practices. S/he will supervise relevant staff like Program Officer(s), Assistant Program Officer(s), consultants and intern(s).
Deadline: May 25, 2012
Links to this post: