Wednesday, April 18, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: WorldFish Center Post Doctoral Fellow (Sustainable Productivity)
This is a research position in which the results of your work have the opportunity for rapid impact in guiding the establishment and implementation of “Harnessing the development potential of Aquatic Agricultural Systems”, a major new research for development program of the CGIAR. This position will focus on increasing productivity by using better inputs and through the adoption of new production and post-harvesting technologies.
- Conduct literatures reviews, analyse project reports and consult with WorldFish scientists for concepts and evidence of improving benefits of AAS – dependant households through AAS productivity improvements;
- Review project reports and conduct field visits to analyze/validate selected AAS data sets for outcomes, impacts and learning from selected previous WorldFish Center interventions in aquatic agricultural systems;
- Review literature, models and develop methods for assessing the costs and benefits of interventions increasing AAS productivity, taking account of environmental, economic and social indicators;
- Prepare scientific publications, working papers and other CRP AAS communication products; and
- Identify research questions and opportunities in support of the sustainable productivity theme of the CRP AAS program and related implementation strategies as appropriate.
Deadline: April 24, 2012
Links to this post: