Wednesday, May 09, 2012
CALL FOR PAPERS: Fostering Inclusive and Sustainable Development in Africa in an Age of Global Economic Uncertainty
The 2012 Africa Economic Conference will take place from 30 October to 2 November in Kigali, Rwanda, on the theme of “Fostering Inclusive and Sustainable Development in Africa in an Age of Global Economic Uncertainty”. Policy-oriented papers that are linked to the overall theme of the conference are of particular interest. Papers that address the following other themes are also welcome:
- Economic growth, poverty reduction and inclusive development.
- Economics of sustainable development including sustainable patterns of consumption and production.
- Food and nutrition security and the prospects for a double Green Revolution in Africa.
- The changing role of macro-economic and structural policies in Africa.
- Private sector development and employment generation.
- Challenges to economic, social and environmental sustainable development and implications for the post-2015 agenda.
- Deprivation and inequalities in income and non-income measures of welfare.
- The role of foreign direct investment, trade, regional integration and new economic partnership.
- Strengthening Africa’s economic institutions, building infrastructure and expanding markets for the poor.
- Technology transfer and innovation for inclusive and sustainable development.
Deadline: June 1, 2012