Wednesday, June 13, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: ILRI Senior Social Scientist and Team Leader
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Senior Social Scientist and Team Leader to play a key role within the Markets, Gender and Livelihoods Research Theme in leading ILRI’s evolving and expanding portfolio of research addressing Poverty, Gender, Impact and Innovation throughout the institute.
- Lead and manage an international team of social scientists and economists working across a range of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, and Asia that addresses;
- Livelihood outcomes of innovation in livestock systems among producers, other value chain actors and their communities;
- Gender implications of livestock development and strategies to achieve equitable development using livestock and improve livelihoods of women and their families;
- Poverty analysis and impact assessment;
- Innovation systems analysis to understand and design strategies for improving and accelerating uptake of livestock knowledge and technologies for improved livelihoods;
- Lead ILRI’s strategy for research on livelihoods, gender and innovation, and support development of evidence for actionable interventions to stimulate innovation and improve livestock-related livelihoods;
- Directly conduct scientific research in any one or more of the above areas;
- Build collaboration with relevant institutions and organizations internationally and nationally to conduct research and to advance project goals and outcomes;
- Support development projects led by NGOs and other development partners to ensure use of best practice in gender and innovation, and to generate objective evidence from piloting those interventions;
- Support ILRI in mainstreaming gender, good impact assessment methods, monitoring and evaluation practices and innovation approaches across its projects and programs;
- Develop proposals to raise resources to support new research addressing the team’s target outcomes.
Links to this post: