Thursday, June 07, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: Program Officer, Africa Forest Forum/World Agroforestry Centre
The African Forest Forum (AFF) is an association of individuals who share the pursuit and commitment to the sustainable management, use and conservation of the forest and tree resources of Africa for the betterment of the socio-economic wellbeing of its people and for the stability and improvement of its environment. The purpose of AFF is to provide a platform and create an enabling environment for independent and objective analysis, advocacy and advice on all relevant policy and technical issues pertaining to achieving sustainable management, use and conservation of Africa’s forest and tree resources as part of efforts to reduce poverty, protect the environment and promote economic and social development.
The African Forest Forum is recruiting for the position of a Programme Officer to be based at its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, or at some other location, reporting to the Executive Secretary through the Senior Programme Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
- To assist the Senior Programme Officer in the coordination and implementation of activities on:
- Climate change as it relates to forest resources and livelihoods;
- The fuel-fibre-food nexus;
- Forest-water relations.
- To assist the Senior Programme Officer on any other duties and responsibilities as may be directed by the Executive Secretary.
- To represent the AFF, on behalf of the Executive Secretary, on matters relating to the above duties, and on any other matters as directed by the Executive Secretary and the Governing Council of AFF.
Deadline: June 20, 2012