Tuesday, July 24, 2012
CALL FOR PAPERS: Natural Resources Forum Special Issue on Forests
Natural Resources Forum, a United Nations Sustainable Development Journal, a quarterly journal issued by the Division for Sustainable Development of the United Nations, calls for papers for a special issue on forests, to be published in 2013.
Articles submitted for this special section should be relevant to policy-making, and should address forests from a sustainable development perspective, i.e. treating economic, social, and environmental aspects in an integrated way. Angles of interest can include: • Analysis of the forestry sector’s structure and implications for the sharing of benefits from forests across developed and developing countries, as well as within receiving countries
- Links between forests and other economic sectors at the national or sub-national level (including cross-country comparisons): how are conflicts, synergies managed, and what is the impact on long-term development perspectives?
- Case studies on forest management at the local or national level
o Integrated assessments of forest sector development
o Implementation challenges for sustainable management of forests (e.g. competing interests, institutional capacity, stakeholders’ involvement, sustainability of the industry)
o Assessment of national policies, regulations and incentives for sustainable forest management: how successful have they been?
- Implications of global or regional trends in demand for forest products for sustainable development and poverty eradication in developing countries
- Assessment of international and national market instruments linked with forest management (e.g. ecosystem services, REDD, certification schemes
- Trends in international forest governance and their implications for sustainable development
Deadline: September 30, 2012
Links to this post: