Friday, July 13, 2012
EMPLOYMENT: Agriculture Policy Manager at ONE
ONE is looking for a Policy Manager to support their agricultural development and food security agenda.
Under the banner of our multi-year campaign THRIVE, ONE’s agenda on agricultural development and nutrition covers increased and more effective aid and generating sustainable domestic and private sector financing. We also work to address underlying causes to food insecurity and engage in international processes such as the G8, G20, African Union and other food-security specific forums to achieve our goals. The Policy Manager will work with colleagues across the organisation to provide policy analysis and guidance in support of the THRIVE campaign.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Support ONE’s work on agricultural development, food security and nutrition
- Represent ONE in external meetings with a food security focus, including high-level meetings as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders working on agricultural development, food security and nutrition.
- Undertake research and policy analysis relating to ONE’s THRIVE agenda in relation to the policy process in the country of location and that country’s role in international policy processes
- Prepare documents on key THRIVE issues - for ONE’s website, for blog posts, for talking points, and for briefings for senior policymakers and principals
- Work closely with colleagues in the Global Policy team to ensure all of ONE’s other policy issues are reflected in our agriculture work as appropriate
- Work with ONE’s communications, advocacy and campaigns teams to deliver organization-wide activities on agricultural development and nutrition
- Any other duties as appropriate to the role
Deadline: July 31, 2012