Tuesday, July 31, 2012
TRAINING: International Training Course on Addressing Household Food Security in the Context of Changing Climate and Environment (IIRR)
The course will be held on September 10-21, 2012 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
The 12-day course will provide the participants with an opportunity to understand the concept of food security and systems, the persistence of poverty in urban and rural areas in the wake of the recent food and economic crises, the alarming state of malnutrition in the community as resulting from lack of access to productive assets and the global policies and treaties affecting food security.
By the end of the course, the participants shall have:
- Articulated the working concepts, principles, tools and interventions on food security;
- Increased awareness on global, national and local food issues affecting forest dwellers, smallholder farmers and fisherfolks;
- Described strategies for the active mobilization of food security stakeholders;
- Identified best practices to strengthen and sustain food security projects; and
- Developed an action plan to improve current food security efforts or introduce new initiatives on food security.
- Highly participatory methods (simulation exercises, focus group discussions, workshops, role play, video showing, case stories, games, field practicum, etc.)
- Participants are active key resource persons, facilitators and learners
- Field practicum
- Action planning
Deadline: August 10, 2012